About Save the Bees Australia
Save the Bees Australia is a social enterprise focused on community education and advocacy for Australian native bees and European honey bees. In 2014, Simon Mulvany began rescuing honey bee swarms from extermination. Since then, the organisation has continued to expand its work in include school and community education, the Honey Map app to help consumers find honey from local beekeepers and various campaigns calling for pesticides to be banned. Save the Bees has become the voice of bees Australia-wide.
How does beekeeping help to save the bees?
Bees pollinate more than two-thirds of our plants that produce 90% of the world’s food.
As pollinators, they play an important role in helping plants to reproduce, sustaining the world’s flora, and providing food for both humans and other fauna.
Essentially, more beekeepers = more bees. Beekeeping helps to increase the population of bees, which
Beekeepers allow bees to take care of themselves by providing a hive and ensuring the colony remains healthy.
“The privilege of being a beekeeper is not to generate as much honey as possible. We keep bees so that we can contribute to pollination. Actually the future of beekeeping is not in one beekeeper with 60,000 hives, rather it is 60,000 people with one hive. All of them approaching the art and craft of being a keeper of bees as a holistic practice.”
– Simon Buxton, ‘The Shamanic Way of the Bee’
Why do the course?
- Tip and tricks from experienced beekeeper and Founder of Save the Bees Australia, Simon Mulvany
- Over 1.5 hr video footage to demonstrate beekeeping tasks
- Get a FLYING start in your beekeeping journey
- Prepare for potential challenges and mistakes you might make as a beekeeper
- A portion of revenue goes to Save the Bees Australia to help advocate for bees
- You will learn how to keep your own bees, make your own honey and save the bees!
What’s in the course?
The Beekeeping 101 Course covers the following:
- What makes bees so fascinating and important?
- What will I need?
- Which beehive should I buy?
- Where can I buy a honey bee colony?
- How can I create a bee-friendly garden?
- How can I get my kids involved?
- How do I care for my bees?
- How do I collect and harvest honey?
- How do I keep my hive healthy?
- Where can I learn more about bees?
- What other ways can I help save the bees?
It’s just launched in time for Christmas! It’s a perfect gift for friends or family interested in beekeeping, considering buying a beehive, or those just starting their beekeeping journey.
Buy the Beekeeping 101 Course now and save $100!