Buy Now $2,340 GST inc
Participants receive access to a comprehensive toolkit of materials, templates and guides required to be an exceptional instructional designer. Participants use the toolkit as a self-paced resource to design and develop their own learning program.
The toolkit is divided into sections that reflect the ADDIE model phases. This approach allows participants to bring to life a practical experience in the application of each phase.
In the Analyse phase, participants investigate the learning needs and business objectives. Participants think about the learning environment and identify the learners’ existing knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Some key questions addressed during the Analyse phase include:
- Who is the audience? What are their current capabilities?
- What are the required skills, knowledge and behavioural outcomes?
- What are the business benefits of designing a learning program?
- What types of learning constraints exist?
- What are the delivery options?
- What is the timeline for project completion?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
The course includes the following Instructional Design templates and guides to support the Analyse phase:
- Learning Needs Analysis Template
- Guide: How to Complete a Learning Needs Analysis
- Learning Needs Analysis Summary Template
View the full list of Instructional Design templates included here.
The Design phase draws on information gathered during the Analyse phase and storyboards an engaging learning program. It’s where participants get creative – in a logical and structured way.
This phase considers learning objectives, assessment instruments, activities, content and media selection.
The key output of the Design phase is a High-Level Design ‘content map’, which describes content, learning objectives, activities and resources.
The Instructional Design course includes the following templates and guides to support the Design phase:
- Learning Strategy Template
- High Level Design Template (Face-to-Face)
- eLearning Storyboard Template
- Activity Examples
In the Develop phase, participants create materials templates and ‘join the dots’ created by the Analyse and Design phases to develop learning program materials.
Draft versions of all materials are reviewed by stakeholders and edits are made to produce a ‘pilot-ready’ program.
The Instructional Design course includes the following instructional design templates and guides to support the Develop phase:
- Assessment Template
- Facilitator Guide Template
- Participant Workbook Template
- PowerPoint Template
- Job Aid Template
- Leader Template
- Program Review & Sign-Off Template
The Implement phase is where participants dive in!
Participants road-test the pilot program, materials and delivery logistics.
Participants may also create Facilitator up-skill workshops and plan how to engage the relevant organisational leaders to support the learning program.
The Instructional Design course includes the following template to support the Implement phase:
- Train the Trainer Template
The Evaluate phase reviews the effectiveness of the learning program and materials. It asks: ‘did we hit the mark?’ and consists of two parts: Formative and Summative evaluation.
Formative evaluation is present in each stage of the ADDIE process. It helps to identify any barriers or unexpected opportunities that may emerge throughout the process. The feedback gathered during Formative evaluation is used to fine-tune the design, development and implementation of the program, gather reaction and identify what is not working.
Summative evaluation is the process of collecting data following implementation of the project in order to determine its effectiveness. It may measure knowledge transfer, learner outcomes, cost factors, and changes in learner behaviour.
The Instructional Design course includes the following templates to support the Evaluate phase:
- Questionnaire Template
- Focus Group Template
- Observation Checklist
- Evaluation Report Template
Includes the following guides to enhance your program:
- ADDIE Overview and Checklist
- Effective Learning Design
- Style Guide
By following the ADDIE model of Instructional Design and using the IDA and DLD supporting toolkit, you will create exceptional learning programs.
All templates are supplied in MS Word and include a licence for participants to use the templates for their own projects. Organisations may also purchase a licence for an additional fee.
This course represents tremendous value for money, it’s really practical and gave me all the tools I need – following the process outlined is a great way to engender the confidence and support of stakeholders
Hugo L&D Consultant
This ID course included great templates and tools beyond just standard learning materials. A fantastic and helpful head-start on creating a program for my organisation that I received lots of positive feedback on.
Joan L&D Manager
The toolkit is fantastic – more detailed and hands-on than I expected. Not just theory information.
Simon Operations Manager
In addition to the Instructional Design Basics toolkit, participants receive up to 3, 90-minute 1:1 coaching and feedback sessions with a Senior Instructional Designer from the IDA and DLD team.
The coaching and feedback sessions are focussed on reviewing the learning design and materials developed, challenging and guiding participants as they create their own course. Coaching sessions occur:
- When the High Level Design (HLD) is created
- Early in the learning material development phase
- Late in the learning materials development phase
Participants are introduced to their nominated Senior Instructional Designer (ID) with 48 hours of purchasing their Instructional Design Course.
- The participant and ID will agree times and dates for the coaching sessions
- Participants will receive supportive and constructive feedback on their work, with practical advice on how it may be improved
- Coaching sessions are typically conducted virtually
- Participants to send the HLD or learning materials to their nominated ID prior to the coaching session
- Participants have 12 months from purchase to use their coaching sessions
Buy Now to Save $1410
$3,750 $2,340 GST inc
Delivered via a tailored face-to-face workshop over one or two days. Please contact us for an individually tailored proposal.
Organisational licences for the Instructional Design Templates are included.